Position: Financial Sustainability Action Learning Facilitator
Location: Kampala, Uganda with possible travel
Position Status: Part-time Consultant
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Description of Services
As part of the USAID-funded Facilitating Financial Sustainability activity implemented in partnership with Peace Direct, LINC is seeking an experienced facilitator to help design and implement an “Action Learning Group” of local stakeholders to prioritize and address issues related to financial sustainability for local organizations in Uganda. This is a part-time position and is expected to run through 2020, with the specific level of effort varying over the course of the project. This facilitator will play a critical role in ensuring that the local Action Learning Group is broadly representative in its make-up of member, effectively designs and implements activities, and tracks results.
- Work with the FFS team to develop a list of potential local stakeholders to join the Action Learning Group.
- Conduct outreach among these stakeholders to build interest in the group.
- Publicize and manage initial meetings with stakeholders to establish the structure and ultimate membership of the group.
- Work with the FFS team to facilitate a participatory process to identify and prioritize key challenges to local organization financial sustainability and to develop a strategic plan of action for the group to undertake.
- Shepherd the group through the activities outlined in its strategic plan.
- Track results and learnings and coordinate with the FFS team to ensure that these are harvested.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- Deep knowledge and experience with the civil society sector in Uganda.
- Experience facilitating participatory decision-making processes with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to financial sustainability of CSOs.
- Ability to travel, as necessary, within Uganda.
- Experience managing budgets and procuring goods and services for projects.
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.