Position: Analytics Support Specialist
Position Status: Part-time Consultancy
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact, based in Washington, DC with staff also working out of New York City and Ithaca, New York. LINC uses a variety of tools and exercises to help stakeholders understand the systemic opportunities and constraints they face in their work, including network analysis, systems mapping, and data visualization.
Description of Services
The Analytics Support Specialist will assist LINC with cleaning, structuring, analyzing, and visualizing data. This may include:
- Identifying and implementing appropriate techniques to transform raw survey data into specific .csv or .xls structures suitable for SNA software such as Kumu, UCINET, NodeXL, and R;
- Examining and debugging/updating existing R code for use with new datasets;
- Developing interfaces through Python or other appropriate tools to allow project managers to complete data transformations and analyses without writing their own code;
- Creating user-friendly and interactive data visualizations to illustrate key insights using tools, languages, and libraries such as D3.js, vis.js, and Shiny.
- Supporting LINC’s overall data strategy through exploration of new techniques and methods such as such as machine learning techniques for qualitative data exploration.
Skills and Qualifications
This is a part-time position, with tasks assigned on an as-needed basis. It is expected that the consultant will be able to respond with availability and potential turnaround time for any task requests within 24 hours. All tasks can be completed remotely.
The ideal candidate’s background and skills will include:
- Experience with using a range of tools, including R, to transform data into specific structures.
- Ability to use R, Python, or other tools to clean messy, real-world data.
- Experience developing customized data visualizations, dashboards, and other tools for users to intuitively understand and interact with data.
- Interest and/or experience with Social Network Analysis (preferred).
The consultant will receive an hourly rate commensurate with experience. This is a non-exempt position.
Interested candidates should send a C.V. and cover letter to Matt Guttentag at email@example.com.