Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Washington D.C., or remote
Position Status: Full time
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability.
LINC is seeking a full-time Business Development Manager to help grow our portfolio of donor-funded programming that strengthens local actors and systems. The Manager will be the focal point for LINC’s institutional business development activities, working with staff to identify and follow up on potential opportunities, coordinate and oversee proposal inputs, and draft / write proposal responses. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, technical / programmatic understanding of LINC’s core areas of work, familiarity with development programming life cycles and work planning, and experience successfully positioning for and responding to donor-funded solicitations, particularly USAID. The position will involve field travel to identify and respond to opportunities on an ongoing basis. While this position is anticipated to be based in Washington DC, remote working arrangements may be possible.
- Identification and tracking of opportunities on an ongoing basis in coordination with LINC’s program staff and leadership team;
- Coordination of proposal response activities to ensure timely, high-quality submission, including both cost and technical inputs;
- Proposal writing / drafting;
- Leadership of proposal recruitment and local partnering initiatives;
- Ongoing updating and customizing of marketing documentation, including qualification statements; and
- Input into corporate business development strategies and targets.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Masters Degree required in international development, business administration, or another related field;
- 10+ years of experience in international development;
- 5+ years successful track record in business development for donor-funded international development programming, including USAID;
- Excellent proposal writing skills;
- Technical / programmatic background in locally-led development, monitoring, evaluation and learning approaches; and
- Excellent analytical and communications skills, well-organized, attentive to detail;
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries;
- Fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.