Position: Capacity Development Specialist
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Position Status: Full-time
Application Deadline: Feb. 4th, 2019
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability.
Description of Services
LINC seeks a Capacity Development Specialist for the Transforming Market Systems Activity (TMS) in Honduras. TMS is funded by USAID and seeks to understand, diagnose and address complex market behaviors and relationships that contribute to growing inequality and uneven resource distribution among individuals and businesses throughout various market systems. LINC is working in partnership with ACDI/VOCA to develop market systems that are more competitive, resilient, and inclusive.
The Capacity Development Specialist is expected to provide expert-level technical assistance to increase technical, leadership, management, and adaptive capacity of local organizations including but not limited to government institutions and agencies, private sector associations and businesses, and civil society organizations to perform their roles and responsibilities in the local system.
- Oversee the progress of the Activity’s organizational capacity development activities, coordinating closely with LINC’s headquarters and field technical team.
- Develop strategies to identify, assess and strengthen relevant organizations and systems engaged by the Activity. Establish and strengthen relationships among Activity partners and stakeholders.
- Facilitate institutional and organizational assessments and develop methods for assessing progress over time.
- Develop and implement capacity development action plans, providing oversight and guidance to individuals and organizations engaged in capacity and technical development.
- Develop capacity development materials and provide tailored technical assistance, training, and coaching for local organizations.
- Facilitate networking opportunities and events to promote peer learning, collaboration, and joint action.
- Monitor, document and report on progress, including tracking of all relevant M&E data and periodic program reporting.
- Represent LINC and the TMS project to funders, partners, and other interested parties in order to maintain networks and facilitate the success of the project.
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in institutional capacity development, facilitation, and training
- Expert trainer and facilitator, with extensive experience developing the capacity of local organizations and businesses in core skill areas
- Experience and familiarity developing and utilizing institutional capacity assessment and diagnostic tools
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred
- Prior experience or familiarity with collective action and network approaches is highly desirable
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including fluency in the Spanish and proficiency in English
- Prior experience working in Honduras strongly preferred
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title & location included in the subject line by February 18th, 2019. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.