Position: Kenya and East Africa Evaluation, Assessments, and Analyses IDIQ Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally-led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, USAID, and DFID, among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Latin America, Asia, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is looking for qualified candidates to be proposed as an IDIQ Manager for the upcoming USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) Evaluation, Assessments, and Analyses (EAA) IDIQ. The IDIQ will provide technical and advisory services in: (1) planning and conducting evaluations, analyses, and assessments; (2) technical assistance in evaluation capacity building; and (3) synthesis of data, evaluation lessons, and analysis of policy. Specific work requirements under this scope include the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, and capacity building of local monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialists, government and implementing partners, and to fulfill USAID evaluation policy and mandated requirements by USAID policy in its Automated Directives System (ADS). This IDIQ will support USAID missions/offices in Kenya, Somalia, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The IDIQ Manager will serve as LINC’s main point of contact for USAID and provide technical leadership and overall management of the IDIQ mechanism. The IDIQ Manager will bear primary responsibility for contract performance, as well as procurement, personnel, reporting, and other management-related requirements of the contract. Specifically, the IDIQ Manager will:
- In coordination with LINC’s business development team and key consortium partners, respond to task order requests and develop quality technical and cost applications.
- Provide central management and oversight of task orders under the award, working collaboratively with USAID/KEA and field project managers, technical officers, and contracting officers.
- Provide technical leadership and ensure quality control of task order implementation.
- Gather and disseminate consortium’s technical approaches, best practices, and lessons learned.
- Provide direct technical assistance to key stakeholders as needed.
- Recruit and field key personnel and short-term technical assistance in support of task order implementation.
- Report to USAID technical and contract personnel in accordance with USAID reporting requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree and 10 years’ experience, or a Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience, in international development or a related field.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking/planning, and communication skills.
- Excellent program and budget management skills.
- Previous experience evaluating USAID activities and programs.
- Competence in key USAID strategies, evaluation, and other relevant technical policies, as well as
- Proficiency in qualitative, quantitative, and mixed research methods.
- Ability to build trusting relations with and among key stakeholders including USAID staff, implementing partners, host country government officials, and local organizations.
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Swahili is preferred.
- Experience working in East Africa.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in senior management capacity managing IDIQs or complex projects.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume/CV to email@example.com with the title “Kenya and East Africa EAA IDIQ Manager” included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.