Position: Kenya and East Africa MEL Consultants
Location: Kenya and East Africa
Position Status: Full time
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally-led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, USAID, and DFID, among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Latin America, Asia, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is looking for qualified candidates to be proposed as consultants for the upcoming USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) Evaluation, Assessments, and Analyses (EAA) IDIQ. The IDIQ will provide technical and advisory services in: (1) planning and conducting evaluations, analyses, and assessments; (2) technical assistance in evaluation capacity building; and (3) synthesis of data, evaluation lessons, and analysis of policy. Specific work requirements under this scope include the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, and capacity building of local monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialists, government and implementing partners, and to fulfill USAID evaluation policy and mandated requirements by USAID policy in its Automated Directives System (ADS). This IDIQ will support USAID missions/offices in Kenya, Somalia, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
LINC is seeking qualified MEL specialists to perform a range of diverse analytical service assignments:
- Be proposed as illustrative short-term technical assistance (STTA) candidate for USAID and other donor proposals.
- Be available to provide short-term MEL technical assistance including but not limited to:
- Provide traditional and systems MEL technical assistance to active and future projects managed by LINC.
- Conduct research, desk studies, country/sector/gender assessments, and applied political economy analyses (PEA).
- Serve as a team leader or a team member on program assessments, performance, and impact evaluations. Lead/support evaluation design, data collection, and reporting.
- Provide MEL/systems MEL related training and technical assistance to USAID missions, bureaus, and offices to conduct effective evaluations.
- Provide MEL/systems MEL related training and technical assistance to implementing partners (both international and local organizations) to design and implement MEL frameworks, systems, plans, and tools.
- Design and facilitate collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) approaches with diverse stakeholders including USAID missions, implementing partners, and other program stakeholders.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in international development, international relations, business administration, social sciences, or related field;
- Minimum 8 years professional experience in international development, including overseas work on donor-funded programming;
- Expertise in program design, monitoring, evaluation, and learning, systems and traditional MEL;
- Proficiency is qualitative and/or quantitative research design methods;
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: health, population, and nutrition; education and youth; democracy, governance, and conflict; environment; economic growth and integration; and Food for Peace programs;
- Prior experience performing one or more assignments outlined in the position description above;
- Willingness to travel regionally to perform consultancy tasks;
- Excellent planning, communication, and client management skills,
- Experience working in East Africa.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Skills and experience working with data, and data platforms illustratively including Excel, SPSS, R, Kumu, NVivo, Atlas.ti, Vensim, etc.;
- Proficiency in Swahili.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume/CV to email@example.com with the title “Kenya and East Africa EAA Consultants” included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.