Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Position Status: Consultancy
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
LINC holds a number of mechanisms and implements projects that apply both traditional MEL and innovative MEL tools around systems thinking including social network analysis, organizational network analysis, and causal link diagram. These include USAID Strategic Program for Analyzing Complexity and Evaluating Systems (SPACES MERL) and USAID Local Systems Practice (LSP) among others. LINC is actively looking to expand its design, monitoring, evaluation and learning core practice area and is seeking qualified MEL specialists to perform a range of diverse analytical service assignments:
- Be proposed as illustrative short-term technical assistance (STTA) candidate for USAID and other donor proposals.
- Lead or support new program design and writing for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning projects and platform projects.
- Be available to provide short-term MEL technical assistance including but not limited to:
- Provide traditional and systems MEL technical assistance to active and future projects managed by LINC.
- Conduct research, desk studies, country/sector/gender assessments, and applied political economy analyses (PEA) to inform the design of project appraisal documents (PAD) and country cooperation development strategies (CDCS) by USAID missions.
- Serve as a team leader or a team member on program assessments, performance and impact evaluations. Lead/support evaluation design, data collection, and reporting.
- Provide MEL / systems MEL related training and technical assistance to USAID missions, bureaus and offices to conduct effective performance monitoring and evaluations.
- Provide MEL / systems MEL related training and technical assistance to implementing partners (both international and local organizations) to design and implement MEL frameworks, systems, plans, and tools.
- Design and facilitate collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) approaches with diverse stakeholders including USAID missions, implementing partners, and other program stakeholders.
In addition to possessing solid technical and organizations skills, the successful candidate will be an effective communicator, timely and results-oriented, a thought leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, and commitment to locally-led development.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in international development, international relations, business administration, social sciences, or related field;
- Minimum 8 years professional experience in international development, including overseas work on donor-funded programming;
- Expertise in locally-led development, program design, monitoring, evaluation, CLA, systems thinking and traditional MEL;
- Proficiency is qualitative and/or quantitative research design methods;
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: democracy governance, global health, education, economic growth, food security and agriculture, water and sanitation, energy and environment, gender and youth;
- Prior experience performing one or more assignments outlined in the position description above;
- Willingness to travel internationally to perform consultancy tasks;
- Excellent writing skills, as demonstrated in analytical reports / publications and proposals;
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate findings from complex data analyses;
- Skills and experience working with data, and data platforms illustratively including Excel, SPSS, R, Kumu, NVivo, Atlas.ti, Vensim, etc.;
- Demonstrated communication, coordination and client management skills.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Academic research experience;
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic
Please submit a cover letter and a resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “MEL Consultant” included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.