Position: Program Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
Position Status: Full-time
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
LINC seeks a full-time Program Assistant to provide logistical support to program and technical staff for a current USAID-funded training activity. The successful candidate will be expected to have prior experience assisting USAID-funded activities, especially in the realm of procurement and arranging international travel and logistics.
The Program Assistant will collaborate extensively with LINC’s program, technical, compliance and administrative staff. The Program Assistant will be expected to directly support an upcoming training activity to be held in multiple locations (likely Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa). The Program Assistant will be expected to coordinate directly with local organizations in these locations. The Program Assistant will be tasked with providing travel and logistical support to training participants. Additionally, the Program Assistant will be tasked with coordinating with local vendors as needed. The Program Assistant may be asked to provide similar logistical support to other LINC programs and activities. A successful candidate will have demonstrated Spanish language proficiency, both written and oral.
In addition to possessing the skills described above, the successful candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, timely, and an effective communicator. The position be based in LINC’s Washington DC office.
LINC’s dynamic environment requires the successful candidate to be highly motivated and flexible, able to achieve goals and advance activities with minimal oversight. Primary responsibilities include:
- Program assistance to LINC’s USAID-funded training activities, providing support to local CSOs in multiple geographies, and providing support to LINC program staff.
- Coordinate and schedule training workshops in multiple geographies.
- Arrange logistics for training activities, including venue booking and transportation.
- Procure all necessary materials and supplies for training programs and events.
- Ensure that training venues and equipment are prepared and ready for the trainer to use, and provide any copying and materials needed.
- Ensure that the program websites are regularly updated with training materials.
- Address inquiries from trainees via telephone and e-mail.
- Maintain an up-to-date file of contacts for all individuals involved in the program.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, or other relevant field;
- 2+ years of experience in international development and/or organizational training;
- Experience with USAID-funded projects;
- Demonstrated communication, coordination, and organizational skills;
- Proficient-level fluency (C1+) in Spanish.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience living and working in development context;
- Experience supporting organizational training.
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.