Position: Program Associate
Location: Washington D.C.
Position Status: Full time
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability.
LINC is seeking a full-time Program Associate to help grow our portfolio of donor-funded activities. The Associate will coordinate LINC’s business development activities, work with staff to identify and follow-up on potential opportunities, coordinate proposal inputs, and draft / write proposal responses. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, technical / programmatic understanding of LINC’s core areas of work, and experience responding to donor-funded solicitations, particularly USAID. The position is further anticipated to include a limited percentage of time to support ongoing programming, including coordination, backstopping, technical assistance, research, analysis and operational support for LINC’s technical team. The position will involve field travel to identify and respond to opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Identification and tracking of opportunities on an ongoing basis in coordination with LINC’s program staff and leadership team;
- Coordination of proposal response activities to ensure timely, high-quality submission, including both cost and technical inputs;
- Proposal writing / drafting;
- Leadership of proposal recruitment and local partnering initiatives;
- Undertake proposal positioning for upcoming initiatives;
- Preparation of marketing documentation, including PPRs and capacity statements;
- Organization of LINC’s new business development documentation, making improvements and updates to systems, processes and documentation on an ongoing basis;
- Provide support to LINC’s ongoing programs, including coordination, backstopping, technical assistance, research, analysis and operational support; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required in international development, business administration, or another related field; Masters degree preferred;
- 5 years of experience in international development;
- 3+ years experience working on donor-funded activities including USAID;
- Strong writing skills;
- Technical / programmatic background in locally-led development, monitoring, evaluation and learning approaches; and
- Excellent analytical and communications skills, well-organized, attentive to detail;
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries;
- Fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic
Send resume / CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.