LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Position Description and Responsibilities
LINC is seeking a Project Accountant to ensure that all tasks related to accounts payable (AP) functions are completed timely and accurately in accordance to relevant laws, LINC’s policies, and client requirements. The Project Accountant works with LINC’s accounting systems and procedures which are essential to accounts payable function and reviews HQ and field transactions to ensure compliance and sufficient documentation; s/he also assists the Finance Manager and Operations Director in maintaining the integrity of accounts payable related accounts in the general ledger.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports LINC’s regular payment cycles to ensure that expenses are posted in a timely and accurate manner and that expenses are in compliance with related laws, LINC policies and regulations.
- Supports LINC’s accrued expenses process and works with program staff on timely and accurate reconciliation.
- Reviews coding and description of invoices processed in field offices and headquarters to ensure they are in compliance with LINC policies.
- Reviews employee and consultant expense reports to ensure compliance with internal policies and client regulations.
- Responds to staff and vendor inquiries related to payments and expenses.
- Assists LINC’s year-end 1099 filing processes and other month and year-end financial processes.
- Oversees the reconciliation of non-staff advance accounts.
- Maintains proper accounting department backup documentation and files.
- Recognizes potential internal control issues and communicates them to the Operations Director as needed.
- Challenges procedures used in the past in an effort to enhance internal controls
- Supports with other accounting functions and tasks on an as-needed basis.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting, business management or equivalent
- Experience with QuickBooks, Unanet and/or Deltek Costpoint preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in AP and/or other accounting functions
- Experience supporting donor-funded projects, specifically USAID
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with internal audit preferred; CPA helpful
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Professional level in Spanish, French and/or Arabic preferred
Send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.