Position: Senior Capacity Building Specialist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally-led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, USAID, and DFID, among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Latin America, Asia, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
Description of Services
LINC is seeking a Senior Capacity Building Specialist for anticipated USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) Evaluation, Assessments, and Analyses (EAA) IDIQ. The IDIQ will provide technical and advisory services in: (1) planning and conducting evaluations, analyses, and assessments; (2) technical assistance in evaluation capacity building; and (3) synthesis of data, evaluation lessons, and analysis of policy. Specific work requirements under this scope include the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, and capacity building of local monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialists, government and implementing partners, and to fulfill USAID evaluation policy and mandated requirements by USAID policy in its Automated Directives System (ADS). This IDIQ will support USAID missions/offices in Kenya, Somalia, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The Senior Capacity Building Specialist will oversee evaluation capacity building of local evaluation specialists/organizations, USAID staff, implementing partners, and government partners.
This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- Provide training and advising using a coaching/mentoring/facilitating approach;
- Facilitate training and advising on i) evaluability assessments, ii) managing evaluations, iii) innovative methodologies and analysis techniques, iv) selecting appropriate evaluation and analysis methods, v) developing and selecting indicators, vi) collecting evaluation data, assuring data quality, and data analysis and vi) dissemination of findings, data visualization, and tracking evaluation recommendations;
- Build capacity of local institutions to implement task orders directly for EAA;
- Oversee the progress of the project capacity development activities, coordinating closely with LINC’s headquarters and field technical team;
- Facilitate institutional and organizational assessments, develop capacity development plans, and track the progress of organizations over time;
- Provide technical assistance to implementing partners;
- Work with USAID missions to strengthen government partner evaluation capacity and systems.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- Advanced degree in international development, public administration, organizational development or a related area;
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in capacity development, facilitation, and training and technical assistance to a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Expert trainer and facilitator, with extensive experience training local experts, organizations, and government institutions in core skill areas;
- Experience and familiarity developing and utilizing capacity assessment and diagnostic tools;
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English required, Swahili preferred;
- Prior experience working in East Africa preferred;
- Proficiency in monitoring, evaluation and learning preferred.
Send resume/CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.