Position: Senior Evaluation Specialist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally-led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, USAID, and DFID, among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Latin America, Asia, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
Description of Services
LINC is seeking a Senior Evaluation Specialist for an anticipated USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) Evaluation, Assessments, and Analyses (EAA) IDIQ. The IDIQ will provide technical and advisory services in: (1) planning and conducting evaluations, analyses, and assessments; (2) technical assistance in evaluation capacity building; and (3) synthesis of data, evaluation lessons, and analysis of policy. Specific work requirements under this scope include the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, and capacity building of local monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialists, government and implementing partners, and to fulfill USAID evaluation policy and mandated requirements by USAID policy in its Automated Directives System (ADS). This IDIQ will support USAID missions/offices in Kenya, Somalia, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The Senior Evaluation Specialist will provide expert-level design, planning, oversight, and quality control for all project-led performance and impact evaluations, analyses, surveys, assessments, and other data collection efforts.
This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- Oversee design, implementation, and quality assurance of all assessments, evaluations (performance and impact evaluations) of activities across the USAID/Kenya and East Africa portfolio;
- Manage teams of international and local technical experts and consultants;
- Design evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for performance and impact evaluations;
- Provide technical assistance to USAID staff to carry out required data collection to support evaluations;
- Present evaluation findings to USAID clients and disseminate through publications, workshops, meetings, conferences, and seminars.
Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in international development, economics, statistics, political science, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in design, implementation, and oversight of evaluation and research for international development projects;
- Demonstrated experience designing responsive data collection and analysis methods and results frameworks;
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management;
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with a broad spectrum of quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, and techniques;
- Technical expertise in one or more of the technical sectors (health, population, and nutrition; education and youth; democracy, governance, and conflict; environment; economic growth and integration; Food for Peace);
- Experience with statistical packages such as SPSS or STATA;
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Swahili is preferred;
- Experience working in East Africa.
Send resume/CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.