Position: Senior Learning Specialist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally-led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, USAID, and DFID, among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Latin America, Asia, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
Description of Services
LINC is seeking a Senior Learning Specialist for an anticipated USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) Evaluation, Assessments, and Analyses (EAA) IDIQ. The IDIQ will provide technical and advisory services in: (1) planning and conducting evaluations, analyses, and assessments; (2) technical assistance in evaluation capacity building; and (3) synthesis of data, evaluation lessons, and analysis of policy. Specific work requirements under this scope include the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, and capacity building of local monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialists, government and implementing partners, and to fulfill USAID evaluation policy and mandated requirements by USAID policy in its Automated Directives System (ADS). This IDIQ will support USAID missions/offices in Kenya, Somalia, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The Senior Learning Specialist will oversee LINC’s support to USAID/Kenya and East Africa to review, analyze, and synthesize evaluation reports to inform policy and strategy implications for USAID consideration.
This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- Support USAID missions collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) activities and events’
- Produce key messages and dissemination materials (summary briefs, popular briefs, visuals, etc.) for distribution through appropriate mechanisms to specific audiences;
- Plan and facilitate learning events including developing and designing meeting agendas and objectives;
- Capture, package, and share knowledge generated from evaluations and assessments , through events and other learning opportunities;
- Provide training and support to USAID missions and implementing partners on adaptive management and mid-course corrections;
- Ensure knowledge learned from evaluations and analyses is used to inform programming and strengthen policy and strategic decisions;
- Build capacity of USAID staff and local M&E specialists in learning and knowledge dissemination.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- Advanced degree in monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, economics, social sciences, or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and managing learning and adaptive management approaches with USAID or other organizations;
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing knowledge management systems;
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Swahili is preferred;
- Experience working in East Africa.
Send resume/CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.