Position: Training Development and Oversight Consultant
Location: Remote with possible travel
Position Status: Consultant
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Position Description and Responsibilities
LINC seeks a consultant to coordinate and lead the adaptation of training materials on the theme of systems and complexity in international development. The training packages will be adapted from current LINC training materials and case studies to be project specific for two LINC activities, one in Mexico and one in Morocco. The majority of the Mexico training materials will be targeted to the management teams of Mexican CSOs, to update and improve on an existing curriculum developed by LINC in 2015. The Morroco training (and one module of the Mexico training) will be oriented to international development practitioners, providing them with an overview and understanding of systems theory, and practical applications for improving their programs throughout the project cycle (including design, monitoring, evaluation, learning). This consultant position will focus on oversight and coordination of curriculum experts to adapt or improve on existing materials for the two training courses, and will work directly on training course content development as appropriate.
Specific responsibilities of the consultant are anticipated to include:
- Working with LINC staff, consultants and partners to refine vision for each training on the basis of existing materials / experiences, gaps, and learning priorities.
- Finalizing overall structure of the training courses, including delivery modality.
- Developing a course outline, syllabus, adult-learning framework, overview of modules, and course package design.
- Developing templates for subject matter experts and the consultant her/himself to work with on content development/adaptation.
- Drafting of training materials as appropriate, and coordinating inputs from subject matter experts collaborating on the effort.
- Finalization and delivery of final course package, anticipated to include all modules and supporting materials (facilitators guide, handouts, etc.).
- Testing and subsequent refinement of training prior to roll-out and utilization on existing projects; possibly to include a training-of-trainers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience developing training courses for adults, incorporating multiple delivery channels and practical exercises designed to increase participant uptake of the material.
- Demonstrated skills in designing training curricula, and in coordinating subject matter experts to contribute to the final product.
- Experience working in adult learning, in particular in the international development field.
- Strong knowledge of the international development program cycle, and familiarity with systems approaches to design, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Skills in facilitating training workshops, including with diverse groups, and groups of senior-level managers.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communications skills. (Ability to read and write in Spanish is a plus).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in a relevant field and at least 5 years of experience that includes management or delivery of training programs.
Send resume / CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. More than one candidate may be identified for the tasks under this consultancy. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.