Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: September 5, 2022
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the USAID Resilience Platform (2022-2027), which is designed to facilitate collaboration and coordination among USAID’s highlands resilience partners, support the adoption of adaptive management processes and solutions informed by learning, evidence, and research, and foster innovation within USAID’s highlands programming to drive early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – Admin, the Accountant will assist with budget planning and monitoring, manage all payments, maintain timely and accurate financial information, and provide data for financial reporting to the Finance Manager. The Accountant will ensure integrity and confidentiality in all dealings and manage all accounting aspects of the activity.
The position is open to Ethiopian nationals only. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- In coordination with the DCOP-Admin, manage all accounting transactions for the project, including accounting and reporting, review payroll against timesheets, cash management, and budget management.
- Assist in ensuring that all accounting and financial transactions are processed properly and in adherence with USAID regulations and LINC procedures.
- Organize and maintain accounting records of original and electronic documents.
- Assist in monitoring field office expenditures against related budget allocations on a monthly basis.
- Assist the DCOP-Admin with development of monthly cash advance requests.
- Assist the DCOP-Admin with all statutory payments.
- Manage VAT exemption certificate acquisition through USAID for vendors/service providers
- Under the direction and guidance of the DCOP-Admin, compile relevant background documents to maintain audit trail and references, drafting responses to the same.
- Other financial and accounting tasks as required and assigned by the DCOP-Admin.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing finances for a USAID program of similar size, finances, and budgeting and in-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations particularly as related to finance for contracts.
- Fluent in English language with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound business ethics, including protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2022, with the subject line “Accountant.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.