Location: Accra, Ghana
Status: Full Time
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, including USAID. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
In Ghana, LINC is implementing the four-year USAID/Ghana Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform activity, which is designed to provide expert monitoring, evaluation and learning services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and Ghanaian stakeholders to improve USAID/Ghana’s ability to engage in evidence-based program design and increase its ability to measure, analyze and communicate the impact of USAID programming in Ghana.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant will assist with budget planning and monitoring, manage all payment, maintain timely and accurate financial information, and provide data for financial reporting to the Finance Manager. The Accountant will ensure integrity and confidentiality in all dealings and manage all accounting aspects of the activity.
The position is open to Ghanaian nationals only. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Support the Finance Manager in managing all accounting transactions for the project, including accounting and reporting, review payroll against timesheets, cash management, and budget management.
- Assist in ensuring that all accounting and financial transactions are processed properly and in adherence with USAID regulations and LINC procedures.
- Organize and maintain accounting records of original and electronic documents.
- Assist in monitoring field office expenditures against related budget allocations on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Finance Manager with development of monthly cash advance requests.
- Assist the Finance Manager with all statutory payments.
- Manage VAT exemption certificate acquisition through USAID for vendors/service providers
- Under the direction and guidance of the Finance Manager, compile relevant background documents to maintain audit trail and references, drafting responses to the same.
- Other financial and accounting tasks as required and assigned by the Operations Director and Finance Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing finances for a USAID program of similar size, finances, and budgeting and in-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations particularly as related to finance for contracts.
- Fluent in English language with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound business ethics, including protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Please send cover letter and resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by June 20, 2022 with the subject line “Accountant.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.