Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: Grade 7-8 / $45,000 – $65,000 annually, plus benefits
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
The Accountant will support LINC’s growing Finance and Corporate Services team. The role will be responsible for maintaining accounting records, supporting corporate and project budgeting and financial reporting, reviewing invoices, and supporting procurement. The successful candidate should have background and experience in corporate and project accounting, preferably for USAID or other donor-funded organizations, and basic financial management skills. Reporting to the CFO and gaining exposure across program management and business development functions, the position offers strong opportunities for growth. The position also requires initiative, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
The Accountant should be able to travel as needed (approximately 10-20%) to support field operations and projects.
- Support and/or perform the full cycle of accounts payable and disbursements functions ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Support and/or perform the full cycle of accounts receivable and receipts functions ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Maintain electronic filing systems for accounting files.
- Conduct bookkeeping, enter and review transactions, and generate accounting reports in the accounting system.
- Manage other parts of the monthly accounting cycle such as month-end closing entries and labor or other allocation processes.
- Support the project management team to monitor project expenditures to ensure compliance with budget, internal policies, client policies, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Support the annual audit and preparation of tax documents as well as other periodic filings.
- Support the CFO in the elaboration and ongoing updating of financial management and administrative policies and procedures.
- Support business development efforts as requested, including support for costing, proposal budgets, and accompanying cost narratives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibilities
The Accountant will support, and potentially lead, teams as delegated by the CFO. The Accountant will report to the CFO.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small, growing business that encourages proactive, flexible, and team-oriented staff to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented professional with strong organizational and communications skills, and a passion for improving the effectiveness of social change efforts around the world. They must be flexible enough to undertake a number of finance and administrative functions simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic environment. Specific qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or related field.
- 2-4 years of progressive experience in a similar position, preferably with an organization receiving US Government funding.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with QuickBooks or other accounting systems.
- Proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), CPA preferred.
- Experience in financial reporting and procurement processes preferred.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated communication and coordination skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and grow with LINC.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in low resource countries.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Arabic.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Accountant”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC is an equal opportunity employer.