Position: Administrative Assistants (2)
Location: Accra (1) and Tamale (1), Ghana
Status: Full Time
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, including USAID. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
In Ghana, LINC is implementing the four-year USAID/Ghana Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform activity, which is designed to provide expert monitoring, evaluation and learning services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and Ghanaian stakeholders to improve USAID/Ghana’s ability to engage in evidence-based program design and increase its ability to measure, analyze and communicate the impact of USAID programming in Ghana.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and logistics support for implementation of the MEL Platform activity, working closely with the project management and project staff.
The position is open to Ghanaian nationals only. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to meet the needs of the Operations and Technical staff.
- Assist with day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing, and filing.
- Assist with appropriate follow-up actions to be taken.
- Assist with scheduling and support for meetings, interviews, team events, presentations, and other program activities.
- Manage the reception area, greet guests, and screen phones calls, and manage incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Inform staff promptly of the arrival of guests and packages.
- Assist with the preparation of the arrival of new staff, including: assembling staff welcome kits, printing of business cards, etc.
- Assist with procurement process, including preparation of purchase requisitions and gathering of quotations.
- Assist with inventory and asset management recording in accordance with USAID and LINC’s asset management policy.
- Assist with coordination of all security and safety measures.
- Assist with fleets management.
- Perform all other administrative and logistic support duties to be assigned by the Officer Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- HND or Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in working with an international contractor/donor funded project, especially USAID funded projects.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures including AIDAR, CFR 226, CFR 228, ADS.
- Fluent in English language with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good organization and prioritization skills, and close attention to details.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Please send Cover letter and resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by June 20, 2022 with the subject line “Administrative Assistant.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.