Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: December 16, 2022
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the new five-year, USAID-funded Resilience Learning Activity (RLA). The activity supports USAID and its resilience partners with learning, collaboration, and research around resilience issues in Ethiopia. RLA serves as a “learning sidecar” to USAID/Ethiopia and its implementing partners, helping them to better understand what relief and development interventions can help make households, communities, and systems more resilient to increasingly persistent shocks and stresses. RLA provides support with learning processes and frameworks, development and consolidation of learning and research agendas, and support to resilience partners for adaptive management, results measurement, and the increased integration of systems thinking and rapid feedback into their respective toolboxes.
Reporting to the Operations and Logistics Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and logistics support for the implementation of the Platform activity, working closely with the project management and project staff.
The position is open to Ethiopian nationals only. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to meet the needs of the Operations and Technical staff.
- Support project operations including coordination of travel and organization of meetings and events with diverse stakeholders.
- Assist with day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing, and filing.
- Assist with appropriate follow-up actions to be taken.
- Manage the reception area, greet guests, and screen phones calls, and manage incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Assist with the preparation of the arrival of new staff, including: assembling staff welcome kits, printing of business cards, etc.
- Assist with procurement process, including preparation of purchase requisitions and gathering of quotations.
- Handle petty cash.
- Assist with inventory and asset management recording in accordance with USAID and LINC’s asset management policy.
- Assist with coordination of all security and safety measures.
- Assist with fleets management.
- Perform all other administrative and logistic support duties to be assigned by the Officer Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- HND or Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with an international contractor/donor funded project, especially USAID funded projects.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures including AIDAR, CFR 226, CFR 228, and ADS.
- Fluent in English language with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good organization and prioritization skills, and close attention to details.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16, 2022, with the subject line “Administrative Assistant” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.