Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: Grade 6-7 / $55,000 – $90,000 annually, plus benefits
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
The Business Development (BD) Manager supports LINC’s Business Development Unit, which is responsible for growing LINC by identifying and securing opportunities aligned with our mission and submitting high-quality proposals. The BD Manager will support a variety of tasks including conducting capture research, recruiting candidates, liaising with subcontractors/sub-partners, and supporting proposal development. The BD Manager should be able to travel internationally as needed (expected to be 10-20%), contingent upon in-country health conditions and travel restrictions.
- Identifying and tracking potential funding opportunities, maintaining a tracker and keeping colleagues proactively informed.
- Conducting research to identify opportunities, better understand possibilities for LINC success, and make recommendations to inform proposal decisions and strategies.
- Conducting or supporting capture for specific opportunities, including field assessments to collect capture, technical, and pricing information.
- Recruitment of candidates for field positions, including developing job descriptions, interviewing, and maintaining active communication.
- Identifying local and international partners, assessing their qualifications, and developing teaming agreements.
- Proposal coordination and management, including partner coordination and support.
- Writing non-technical proposal sections, including management and past performance sections, CVs, and budget narratives.
Other tasks as may be assigned.
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibilities
The BD Manager will support, and potentially lead, proposal teams as delegated by the BD Director. The BD Manager will report to the BD Director.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small, growing business that encourages proactive, flexible, and team-oriented staff to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented international development professional with excellent organizational and communications skills, proven competence in supporting USAID proposals, and a passion for improving the effectiveness of social change efforts around the world. They must be flexible enough to undertake several business development support functions simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic environment. Specific qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 4-6 years of professional experience managing/backstopping donor-funded projects and/or proposals, particularly ones funded by USAID.
- Experience supporting business development efforts, including capture and proposal development.
- Experience working with non-US subcontractors/sub-awardees on donor-funded proposals or projects.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated communication and coordination skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in low-resource countries.
- Experience developing budgets for USAID or other donor-funded proposals.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Arabic.
- Advanced degree.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development Manager”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC is an equal opportunity employer.