Position: MEL Chief of Party
Position Status: Full-time (contingent upon award)
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international development agencies, like USAID. Our country experience spans Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking qualified Chief of Party candidates for anticipated USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) activities. These will include MEL platform activities procured through the USAID Bureau of Policy, Planning, and Learning (USAID/PPL) global Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Services (EVAL-ME II) IDIQ as well as full and open procurements.
These would be full-time COP positions contingent upon USAID approval and award.
- Provide overall vision, leadership, day to day management, and technical direction of the awarded activities.
- Serve as chief liaison with and represent the activity to USAID Mission staff, USAID implementing partners, and key local stakeholders including research organizations, government entities, and private sector actors.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of high quality, demand-driven MEL technical assistance (including assessments, and performance and impact evaluations) to USAID Mission teams, implementing partners, and local partners and stakeholders.
- Lead the delivery of adaptive management and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) services for clients and stakeholders and model adaptive management within the project. Oversee the development of program strategies, workplans, MEL plans, as well as programmatic and technical reports to the client.
- Manage, train, and mentor project staff to ensure seamless coordination among activity components, and an internal culture of technical excellence and learning.
- Manage, and ensure quality control of deliverables produced by subcontractors and external consultants.
- Oversee design, development, and implementation of MEL and CLA activities, including development of evaluation tools, data collection and management, report generation, knowledge sharing, and training and capacity building activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience managing USAID-funded MEL activities in low to middle-income countries.
- Prior experience designing, managing, and implementing USAID MEL platform activities is strongly preferred.
- Excellent client and stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Strong technical expertise in traditional and innovative MEL/CLA approaches, research design, and adaptive management.
- Experience managing and overseeing evaluations and assessments employing mixed methods.
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills; proficiency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic a plus.
- Understanding of USAID Program Cycle, the Automated Directives System, and key policies including the Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “MEL Chief of Party, Global” included in the subject line. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.