Position: Capacity Strengthening Specialist
Location: Accra, Ghana
Status: Full Time
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, including USAID. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
In Ghana, LINC is implementing the four-year USAID/Ghana Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform activity, which is designed to provide expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and Ghanaian stakeholders to improve USAID/Ghana’s ability to engage in evidence-based program design and increase its ability to measure, analyze, and communicate the impact of USAID programming in Ghana.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Capacity Strengthening Specialist will work closely with other technical experts on the MEL Platform Team to strengthen the capacity of Project stakeholders in the areas of traditional and integrated, behavior-led MEL. These stakeholders will range from USAID/Ghana staff and implementing partners to Ghanaian organizations including research and civil society organizations, government of Ghana institutions, and the private sector.
The position is open to Ghanaian nationals only. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Continuously assess the capacity needs of USAID staff, implementing partners, and Ghanaian stakeholders and coordinate the delivery of demand-driven technical assistance, training, and mentoring to strengthen their MEL capacity.
- In collaboration with MEL Platform technical experts, develop curricula for in-person and virtual training.
- Incorporate USAID collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) approaches into capacity strengthening activities.
- Support the development and facilitation of MEL communities of practice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (public administration, organizational development, research, evaluation, etc) required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated experience in capacity development, facilitation, and training and technical assistance to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Technical expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and learning frameworks.
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills.
- Prior experience working in Ghana required.
Please send resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by June 20, 2022 with the subject line “Capacity Strengthening Specialist.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.