Position: Chief of Party
Location: Accra, Ghana
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, like USAID. Our country experience spans Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Chief of Party for the USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform activity in Ghana. This Activity will provide USAID/Ghana with expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services for USAID/Ghana, offering high quality, demand-driven monitoring and evaluation technical assistance and analytical services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and local country stakeholders that advance U.S. foreign policy goals and USAID’s strategic objectives in Ghana.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, day to day management, and technical direction for the activity. S/he will ensure high quality of program deliverables, serve as chief liaison for USAID/Ghana and key external stakeholders, including the Government of Ghana; and build the capacity of local staff and partners.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
- Provide vision and overall leadership of the Activity, including program planning, technical execution, financial management, reporting, and operations
- Manage, train and mentor staff ensuring seamless coordination among Activity components
- Manage subcontractors to ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality deliverables
- Oversee design, development, and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, sector assessments, baseline assessments, evaluations, research and analysis, performance monitoring and evaluation capacity building, and collaborating, learning, and adapting
- Coordinate and provide MEL and CLA technical assistance to USAID implementing partners
- Establish and maintain relationships, coordinate, and consult with key stakeholders, including USAID, government officials, implementing partners, and civil society, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree in international development, social sciences or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience managing complex MEL Activities and in a team environment, including leadership experience on USAID MEL platforms
- Proven USAID and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills
- Strong technical expertise in traditional and innovative approaches to MEL, CLA, research design, and adaptive management, including:
- Demonstrated experience in performance management and monitoring, strategic planning, project design and implementation, and data collection and management
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, experimental design, and analysis
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Prior experience working in Ghana and the region strongly preferred
- Understanding of USAID regulations and policies, including but not limited to the Automated Directives System 201, Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Chief of Party (Ghana)” by October 20, 2021. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.