Position: Chief of Party
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research, and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engage committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Liberia Data, Evaluation, Learning, and Technical Assistance (DELTA) activity. The DELTA activity will support USAID/Liberia Mission teams to allow agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context in Liberia, produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation, maintain a performance management system, and support data calls and reporting requirements that demand rapid assimilation and synthesis of various data points. DELTA is expected to be a five-year, multi-million-dollar activity, and the Chief of Party position is expected to be for the full five years.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, day to day management, and technical direction for the activity. The Chief of Party will ensure high quality program deliverables, serve as the chief liaison for USAID/Liberia and key external stakeholders, and build the capacity of local staff and partners.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
- Provide vision and overall leadership of the Activity, including program planning, technical execution, financial management, and operations, ensuring seamless coordination between all Activity components.
- Manage, train, and mentor DELTA staff.
- Manage subcontractors and short-term advisors to ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality deliverables.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of diverse monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities, including development of evaluation tools, data collection and management, report generation, knowledge sharing, and training and capacity building.
- Coordinate and provide MEL technical assistance to USAID implementing partners and Liberian partner organizations.
- Promote adaptive management approaches and ensure the provision of adaptive management technical assistance to USAID and other partners.
- Lead coordination and consultations with USAID, the Government of Liberia, implementing partners, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable USG, USAID, and LINC rules and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience managing complex donor-funded activities in a team environment, ideally for USAID.
- Prior experience designing, managing, and implementing USAID MEL platform programs preferred.
- Proven USAID and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Strong technical expertise in traditional and innovative approaches to MEL, research design, and adaptive management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Prior experience working in Liberia and West Africa preferred.
- Understanding of USAID regulations and policies, including but not limited to the Automated Directives System 201, Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance.
Send a resume/CV, maximum three pages, to email@example.com with the Subject Line “Liberia DELTA COP”. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.