Position: Chief of Party
Position Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: March 6, 2023
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO, among others. Our country experience spans Latin America, Asia, Africa, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID/Guatemala Smart and Secure Cities (SSC) Activity. The purpose of the activity is to provide services to USAID, partner Guatemalan organizations, and the Government of Guatemala to strengthen Guatemala’s ability to address crime and violence through multisectoral collaboration; to strengthen the municipal response to crime and violence through efficient planning, designing, and financing capacity for urban development and grown; and to enhance research and analysis to improve data-driven violence prevention strategies.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, day-to-day management, and technical direction for the activity. The COP will ensure the high quality of program deliverables, serve as chief liaison for USAID/Guatemala and key external stakeholders, including the Government of Guatemala, and strengthen the capacity of staff and partners.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**Citizens of Guatemala are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Provide overall leadership of the Activity, including program planning, technical execution, financial management, reporting and operations
- Manage, train, and mentor staff ensuring seamless coordination among project components
- Manage subcontractors to ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality deliverables.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of all technical activities, including a consistent emphasis on collaborating, learning, and adapting;
- Establish and maintain productive relationships, coordinate, and consult with key stakeholders, including USAID, government officials, implementing partners, civil society, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience implementing international development programs, preferably focused on crime and violence prevention in Guatemala or Latin America;
- Prior experience in a senior leadership role of a USAID program is required, with Chief of Party experience strongly preferred;
- Proven USAID and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills;
- Strong technical expertise in crime and violence prevention, governance, institution strengthening, and/or rule of law.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English;
- Prior experience working in the region required.
Please send a resume/CV to Guatemala@linclocal.org by March 6, 2023, with the subject line “Guatemala SSC COP.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.