Position: Chief of Party
Position Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: August 15, 2023
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business committed to support local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Chief of Party for the USAID/West Africa Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Platform (CLAP) and Monitor Activity. This program will enhance USAID/WA’s effectiveness in its Economic Growth efforts by conducting high-quality evaluations, knowledge-sharing, and adaptive management to improve programmatic decision-making in the region.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, day-to-day management, and technical direction for the activity. They will ensure high quality of program deliverables, serve as chief liaison for USAID/West Africa and key external stakeholders, and strengthen the capacity of staff and partners.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
- Provide vision and overall leadership of the Activity, including program planning, technical execution, financial management, reporting, and operations.
- Manage, train and mentor staff ensuring seamless coordination among Activity components.
- Manage subcontractors to ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality deliverables.
- Oversee design, development, and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, sector assessments, baseline assessments, evaluations, research and analysis, performance monitoring and evaluation capacity strengthening, and collaborating, learning, and adapting.
- Coordinate and provide MEL and CLA technical assistance to USAID implementing partners.
- Establish and maintain relationships, coordinate, and consult with key stakeholders, including USAID, government officials, implementing partners, and civil society, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A master’s degree in international development, social sciences or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience managing complex MEL Activities and in a team environment, including leadership experience on USAID MEL platforms.
- Proven USAID and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Strong technical expertise in traditional and innovative approaches to MEL, CLA, research design, and adaptive management, including.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and professional-level French.
- Prior experience working in Ghana and the region strongly preferred.
- Understanding of USAID regulations and policies, including but not limited to the Automated Directives System 201, Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com by August 15, 2023, with the subject line “West Africa CLAP Chief of Party.” No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.