Position: CLA/Adaptive Management Specialist, Ethiopia R-PAL
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international development agencies, like USAID. Our country experience spans Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC has been working on USAID-funded programming in Ethiopia for four years. LINC is preparing to respond to a new funding opportunity, a multi-year USAID-funded “Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning” (R-PAL) activity. This is envisioned to be an agile learning, research and collaboration platform designed to facilitate joint action planning, enable adaptive management practices, and allow for evidence-based decision-making for resilience programming in the Ethiopian Highlands. The activity is anticipated to have four objectives: (1) Collaboration and coordination among USAID Ethiopia Highlands Resilience partners and investments is established and facilitated to support collective impact; (2) Highlands resilience investments are informed by learning, evidence, and research; (3) Adaptive management processes and solutions for USAID Highlands Resilience investments are adopted and employed towards evidence-based program iteration (and ingrained in the partnership’s culture); and (4) Innovation within USAID’s Highlands programming drives early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award. Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide adaptive management/Collaborate, Learn, Adapt (CLA) expertise to R-PAL and other resilience projects in the Ethiopian Highlands.
- Establish processes for adaptive management to be embedded into the activity.
- Facilitate learning events and processes, including Pause and Reflect activities.
- Provide training and technical assistance to implementing partners in CLA topics.
- Support the alignment of disparate stakeholders behind a common learning agenda.
Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing or providing CLA expertise to donor-funded projects.
- A minimum of five years of experience training/facilitating large groups.
- Excellent planning, management, and communication skills, and ability to work in teams.
- Previous experience implementing USAID or donor-funded projects preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Please send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CLA/Adaptive Management Specialist, Ethiopia R-PAL”. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.