Location: Washington, DC (or remote within USA)
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $125,000-$135,000 Annual
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is looking for a dynamic Controller to join its Corporate Services Department during this period of rapid global growth. The Corporate Service Department provides oversight and management of LINC’s finance, accounting, HR, administration, procurement and compliance functions.
The Controller works closely with the Chief Financial Officer in leading the company’s global accounting operations and provides direct oversight to the US-based accounting services provider. The Controller manages day-to-day headquarters accounting operations and provides support and direction to the accounting teams in LINC’s overseas project offices. The Controller leads financial management and maintains internal controls in compliance with GAAP and USAID standards.
This is a full-time headquarters position. LINC has a preference for candidates located in the Washington, DC area but will consider remote candidates in the United States. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The Controller will be responsible for a broad range of financial management functions, including accounting, auditing, reporting, treasury management, and accounting systems. Specific duties include:
- Manage and oversee monthly accounting close and internal/external financial reporting, including client invoicing; liaise with external resources to manage LINC’s annual tax filings.
- Develop and maintain LINC’s financial policies and procedures, ensuring consistency between global policies and project office operations; lead accounting aspects of start-up and close-out for project offices.
- Lead LINC’s external audit preparation and communications with external auditors.
- In coordination with the CFO, manage process improvements to ensure financial management operations keep pace with corporate growth.
- In coordination with the CFO, establish and monitor corporate financial indicators; Assist the CFO in planning and monitoring LINC’s corporate budget.
- Lead the treasury function, including managing bank relationships, making recommendations for optimizing global cash position, and managing exchange rate risk.
- Lead the evolution of LINC’s finance-related IT needs, including evaluating and implementing new systems, as applicable.
Other tasks as may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small, growing business that encourages proactive, flexible, and team-oriented staff to grow with us. The successful candidate will be an accounting professional with an international development background, excellent organizational and communications skills, and proven success in supporting USAID programs. They must be flexible enough to undertake a number of finance and administrative functions simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic environment. Specific qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field. Graduate degree in accounting or business administration preferred. CPA or advanced degree in accounting required.
- Minimum 12 years of demonstrated experience with gradual increases in responsibility in the areas of finance and accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of experience overseeing corporate and project-level accounting for USAID funded projects and organizations, including USG audit experience.
- Demonstrated management skills. Able to manage a diverse team of staff and independent contractors.
- Experience developing and implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures, and systems.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Willingness and ability to undertake periodic travel to LINC’s international project locations.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Controller Position”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.