Position: Corporate Services Associate
Location: Washington DC, USA
Position Status: Full-Time
Apply by: September 30, 2023
Salary: US$ 40,000-US$ 50,000
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business committed to supporting local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
The Corporate Services Associate is responsible for a variety of operational and administrative tasks that support LINC’s global programmatic activities and operations. LINC’s Corporate Services include human resources, information technology, financial management, procurement, corporate travel, internal communications, contracting, administration, logistics, and operational support. This important position within the Corporate Services team will touch all aspects of LINC’s business and get to know many members of our global staff. LINC values learning and development and supports the professional growth of all its staff members. The Corporate Services Associate will be expected to work on site in LINC’s Washington, DC office at least 2 days a week. The Corporate Services Associate will report to the Chief Financial Officer or their designee. This position will not have direct reports.
Contracts & Compliance
- Prepare Contractor Service Agreements, maintain individual files, process their travel and health insurance arrangements, process invoices and monitor work completion and evaluation.
- Assist with project compliance requirements, such as FFATA data entry.
- Ensure contracting templates are reviewed at least annually and kept up to date.
- Manage procurements for HQ office supplies and services and assist with project office procurements when necessary.
- Ensure headquarters procurements are carried out in accordance with the LINC Global Procurement Policy and donors’ requirements, and procurement-related files for documentation are maintained for reference.
- Prepare competitive analysis, soul-source justifications, and other documentation and forms for HQ procurements.
- Ensure the HQ inventory is kept up to date, including at least annual reviews.
- Serve as point of contact with freight agent/carrier when domestic procurements are done for project offices.
- Facilitate procurement and payment of consultants and vendors, including maintaining procurement documentation in line with LINC’s procurement procedures, and ensuring invoices are submitted promptly.
- Liaise with travel agent on arrangement of travel of LINC HQ team.
- Ensure appropriate travel forms and approvals are recorded and filed.
- Liaise with all company insurance providers, maintain and track all policies, and ensure payment by due date.
- Maintain SharePoint files and intranet documents for Corporate Services.
- Arranging notaries and getting documents apostilled.
- Compile expense documentation (e.g., supporting documentation for procurements, accounts payable, and accounts receivable).
- Assist with reconciliation and filing of basic finance-related documentation.
Logistics and Facilities Support
- Serve as key point of contact with LINC’s headquarters office building management.
- Ensure office support needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Manage physical mailbox of LINC’s headquarters office, including checking incoming mail and arranging for outgoing mail as necessary.
- Manage LINC’s phone directory for HQ staff.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree
- At least 1 year of professional experience
- Proficient Excel skills and Microsoft Office skills
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint preferred
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Demonstrated communication and coordination skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and grow with LINC.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Arabic.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Corporate Services Associate ”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.