Position: Data Management and Visualization Specialist
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Status: Full Time
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
In Mexico, LINC is implementing the USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Adaptation (MESA) Activity (2022-2027), which is designed to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) systems and capacity of the USAID/Mexico Mission and its implementing partners through assistance with designing and carrying out monitoring; evaluations, assessments, and studies; and collaboration and capacity building for the USAID/Mexico mission and its implementing partners.
The Data Management and Visualization Specialist will lead the project’s data management and visualization activities. This will include providing technical assistance to support USAID’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) database, leading the integration of GIS and MEL technologies into MESA’s work, and generating high-quality data visualizations in user-friendly and actionable formats in coordination with USAID and stakeholders. The Specialist will also design and deliver formal guidance, trainings, and refresher sessions on USAID’s Development Information Solution (DIS) for implementing partners and USAID MEL Specialists.
**This position is open to Mexican nationals only**
- Support the integration of GIS and MEL technologies into MESA’s work.
- Produce accessible reports and communication products based on key findings of implementing partner monitoring data.
- Support USAID Mission’s progress with implementing partner data transfer and entry processes via the Partner Portal.
- Coordinate with USAID and stakeholders to identify training and data management and visualization needs.
- Train implementing partner and Mission staff on DIS and other software such as GIS.
- Prepare dashboards for Mission performance and context indicators.
- Produce maps and other visualizations upon request.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in GIS or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in fields including GIS; database development, design, and management; and data visualization.
- Prior experience working in Mexico is required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish.
- Familiarity with USAID programming in Mexico strongly preferred.
Please send your resume/CV to email@example.com
by September 26, 2022, with the subject line “Data Management and Visualization Specialist”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC is an equal-opportunity employer.