Position: Deputy Chief of Party and Monitoring Lead
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Status: Full Time
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Mexico, LINC is implementing the USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Adaptation (MESA) Activity (2022-2027), which is designed to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) systems and capacity of the USAID/Mexico Mission and its implementing partners through assistance with designing and carrying out monitoring; evaluations, assessments, and studies; and collaboration and capacity building for the USAID/Mexico mission and its implementing partners.
The Deputy Chief of Party/Programs will support the Chief of Party with leadership, day-to-day management, and technical support for the activity. The Deputy Chief of Party will focus primarily on ensuring exceptional technical delivery and building the capacity of local staff and partners on MEL-related activities. The Deputy Chief of Party will serve as Acting Chief of Party as needed.
**This position is open to Mexican nationals only**
- Support the Chief of Party (COP) with overall leadership of the activity, including program planning, technical execution, financial management, and operations, ensuring seamless coordination among all activity components.
- Support the COP with supervision of contract personnel and consultants, coordination with USAID, and ensuring the quality, relevance, and timeliness of contract tasks and deliverables.
- Oversee technical work related to the monitoring component of the MESA activity.
- Manage the review and updating of USAID’s Performance Management Plan in coordination with USAID counterparts.
- Conduct data quality assessments and lead indicator data reporting, management, analysis, and visualization.
- Oversee the work and performance of the full-time Data Management and Visualization Specialist.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable US Government, USAID, and LINC rules and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in project management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to research, evaluation, statistics, and/or monitoring international development programs, with strong preference working in key sectors aligned with USAID/Mexico’s portfolio.
- Proven external stakeholder relations, team management, and operations management skills.
- Strong technical expertise in traditional and innovative approaches to MEL, CLA, research design, and adaptive management.
- Prior experience designing, managing, and implementing USAID learning platform activities preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish.
- Prior experience working in Mexico strongly preferred.
- Understanding of USAID regulations and policies, including but not limited to the Automated Directives System 201, Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com by September 26, 2022, with the subject line “DCOP/Monitoring Lead”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC is an equal-opportunity employer.