Position: Deputy Chief of Party
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Status: Full Time
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to facilitate collective action, map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO among others. Our country experience spans Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/ for the USAID-funded Enhancing Local Development (ELD) activity in Vietnam. This Activity is designed to support the capacity of and engagement between sub-national government, local organizations, and other local stakeholders, leading to more transparent policymaking, effective implementation processes, and better delivery of services to Vietnamese citizens.
The Deputy Chief of Party will provide leadership, day-to-day management, and technical support for the activity. While supporting the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party, will focus primarily on ensuring exceptional technical delivery, including strengthening capacity of local government and local organizations and facilitating stakeholder dialogue.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**Citizens of Vietnam are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Support the Chief of Party with overall leadership of the activity, including program planning, technical execution, financial management, and operations, ensuring seamless coordination among all components.
- Lead the technical design and implementation of the ELD Activity, including capacity strengthening of local governments and organizations and locally-led issue identification and action.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to provide expert technical input on project activities, supporting project teams under the key project components.
- Provide support and guidance to local governments and organizations in planning forums and other platform to allow citizens and stakeholders to have a meaningful voice on local issues, solutions, and delivery of services.
- Oversee performance audits of programs and facilitate the sharing of best practices related to local systems and service delivery strengthening.
- Ensure program implementation is in accordance with USAID and LINC policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the COP on the management of overall communication with subcontractors as required.
- Collaborate with a range of partners, including but not limited to USAID, international donors, Government of Vietnam (GVN) stakeholders, implementing partners, and inter-agency initiatives.
- Act as the Acting COP when needed and perform other tasks as required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable USAID and LINC rules and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A master’s degree in social/political sciences, public administration, development studies, economics, law and/or governance-related discipline.
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated experience supporting complex donor-funded activities in governance and/or capacity strengthening, ideally for USAID.
- Minimum five years of progressive experience working with counterparts/stakeholders at various levels of government, civil society, and/or private sector in Vietnam.
- Experience in local governance, service delivery, and/or organizational development required.
- Prior experience working in Vietnam required, with a strong understanding of Vietnam’s context and culture.
- Proven USAID and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent planning, management, and communication skills, ability to work in teams.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and proficiency in written and spoken English required.
Please send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Vietnam ELD DCOP”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.