Position: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning in Mexico
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Status: Full Time
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. LINC has been working in Mexico since 2015. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded monitoring, evaluation and learning project in Mexico. The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Adaptation (MESA) project is to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) systems and capacity of USAID and its implementing partner organizations in Mexico.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party with leadership, day-to-day management, and providing technical assistance and support to staff, stakeholders, and partners. The DCOP will supervise personnel and consultants, coordinate with USAID, and ensure the quality, relevance and timeliness of contracted tasks and deliverables. The DCOP will act as COP as needed.
- Manage, train, and mentor project staff to ensure seamless coordination among activity components, and an internal culture of technical excellence and learning.
- Manage, and ensure quality control of deliverables produced by subcontractors and external consultants.
- Provision and oversight of technical assistance of monitoring, evaluation, learning and adaptation services, including assessments, and performance, and impact evaluations.
- Develop program strategies, workplans, MEL plans, as well as programmatic and technical reports to the client.
- Communications and coordination with institutional partners.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of tasks and deliverables.
- Representation of the project in relevant stakeholder, client, and partner forums.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s Degree in social sciences or related field with seven years of progressive experience in project management, or a PhD/Doctorate with 5 years of project management experience.
- At least five years of experience in research, evaluation, statistics and/or monitoring international development projects.
- Experience working in sectors aligned with USAID Mexico’s work, including: anti-corruption, good governance, civil society development, climate change, energy, and rural development.
- Extensive experience working in Mexico, and specifically working with donor-funded (ideally USAID) projects in Mexico.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume/CV to email@example.com with the title “DCOP Mexico MESA” included in the subject line. All applications will be reviewed, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.