Position: Deputy Chief of Party – Nepal Localization Support Activity
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Position Status: Full-time employee
Apply By: February 28, 2023
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to promoting locally-led development. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally-led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, elevate local voices, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, FCDO, and others. Our country experience spans Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Localization Support Activity. The purpose of this Activity is to provide services to USAID, partner Nepali organizations, and Government of Nepal entities to provide surge support, build capacity, and establish systems and processes to effectively design, implement, and monitor activities that advance shared development objectives. Specifically, activities may be focused on (i) capacity strengthening for local actors to apply, receive, and manage USAID awards, (ii) strengthening the Mission’s government-to-government (G2G) programming, (iii) support for the Mission to improve localization programming.
Together with the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, day-to-day management, and technical direction for the activity. They will ensure integration across program components, high quality program deliverables, effective communication with project stakeholders, and serve as Acting Chief of Party as needed.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
Citizens of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Support leadership and implementation of the Activity, including program planning, technical execution, contractual and financial management, reporting, and operations.
- Ensure program integration across components.
- Manage, train, and mentor staff.
- Manage subcontractors to ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality deliverables.
- Support the effective design, development, and implementation of all technical activities, including capacity assessments, capacity-strengthening, compliance and audits, and event management.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships, coordinate, and consult with key stakeholders, including USAID, government officials, implementing partners, civil society, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience implementing international development programs, preferably for USAID, in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Prior experience in a senior leadership role in a USAID program is strongly preferred.
- Proven client and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Strong technical expertise in areas including program design, capacity assessments and capacity strengthening, training design and delivery, organizational development, and civil society engagement, with demonstrated experience delivering this support to the expected Localization Support Activity stakeholders: USAID, government agencies, and other Nepali actors.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Prior experience working in Nepal and the region is strongly preferred.
Send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line by February 28 20, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.