Position: Director of Local Capacity Development
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Description of Services
LINC is seeking a Director of Local Capacity Development for an anticipated USAID Sahel Collaboration and Communication (SCC) activity to be implemented in Burkina Faso and Niger. This platform will provide coordination, collaboration, and learning support to the RISE II and support enhanced capacity to learn and adapt among key stakeholders, including: 1) local communities and communes; 2) civil society and private sector, especially women and youth; 3) USAID’s core implementing partners of Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced II (RISE II), Sahel Development Partnership (SDP), and Bridge project; 4) other USG programs; 5) host country governments and other donors and partners; and 6) regional organizations.
The Director of Local Capacity Development will oversee program strategy and staff for collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) capacity building for beneficiaries, local partners, and partner governments. This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- In coordination with project leadership and technical staff, and other implementing partners, develop SCC’s strategy and approaches to CLA capacity development of key stakeholders;
- Facilitate institutional and stakeholder needs, develop capacity development plans, and track the progress of organizations over time;
- Coordinate the design and delivery of training and technical assistance to key stakeholders;
- Strengthen government partner capacity for technical and organizational learning;
- Oversee the progress of the project capacity development activities, coordinating closely with LINC’s headquarters and field technical team;
- Support development of workplans, monitoring evaluation plans, and project reporting and communications;
- Oversee Local Capacity Development Specialists.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- Degree in international development, public administration, organizational development or a related area, advanced degree preferred;
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in capacity development, organizational development facilitation, CAL, and training and technical assistance to a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Experience and familiarity developing and utilizing capacity assessment and diagnostic tools;
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English and French required;
- Prior experience working in Burkina Faso and/or Niger preferred;
- Proficiency in monitoring, evaluation, and learning preferred;
- Experience with systems strengthening and collective impact approaches preferred.
Local and regional candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Burkina Faso and Niger Director of Local Capacity Development.” No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.