Position: Director of Operations – Nepal Localization Support Activity
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Position Status: Full-time employee
Apply By: February 28, 2023
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to promoting locally-led development. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally-led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, elevate local voices, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, FCDO, and others. Our country experience spans Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Director of Operations for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Localization Support Activity. The purpose of this Activity is to provide services to USAID, partner Nepali organizations, and Government of Nepal entities to provide surge support, build capacity, and establish systems and processes to effectively design, implement, and monitor activities that advance shared development objectives. Specifically, activities may be focused on (i) capacity strengthening for local actors to apply, receive, and manage USAID awards, (ii) strengthening the Mission’s government-to-government (G2G) programming, and (iii) support for the Mission to improve localization programming.
The Director of Operations will oversee the administrative, operational, and financial management activities of the project, to ensure that project operations are efficient and effective, and that staff is safe and supported throughout their work. This will include overseeing procurement, budgeting and financial reporting, office operations, travel, security, and vehicle management.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award. It is only open to citizens of Nepal.
- Ensure the Activity develops and maintains clear, efficient, and compliant office procedures for all administrative, financial, and operational matters.
- Support security planning and implementation.
- Oversee all in-country procurement, including for goods and services.
- Oversee office operations for the Kathmandu office and the related support staff.
- Develop and oversee all human resource management procedures.
- Develop and oversee all financial management and reporting.
- Oversee project inventory management.
- Oversee all IT needs for the project.
- Oversee vehicle management and transportation.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field is required, an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience with project and/or office management issues, preferably for donor-funded programs, with at least five years in an equivalent director-level role.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID donor rules and regulations is required.
- Experience conducting procurement activities that are compliant with donor requirements.
- Experience overseeing vehicle fleets and supporting travel and transportation across Nepal and overcoming logistical and transportation challenges.
- Experience managing administrative and financial staff.
- Experience developing and managing comprehensive financial management systems for multi-million-dollar programs, and the associated budgeting and reporting.
- Excellent planning, management, and communication skills, and ability to work in teams.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line by February 28 20, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.