Position: East Africa Evaluation, Assessment and Technical Consultants
Location: East Africa Region (Kenya, Somalia, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda)
Position Status: Consultancy
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC and dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. We are a team of reflective development professionals, passionate and energetic in our work and united in our commitment to locally-led development. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking mid and senior-level evaluation experts to be proposed on task orders under LINC’s new Evaluation, Assessments, and Analyses (EAA) indefinite quantity contract with USAID Kenya East Africa (KEA). Under this mechanism consultants are anticipated to provide technical and advisory services in: (1) planning and conducting evaluations, analyses, and assessments; (2) technical assistance in relevant subject-matter areas; (3) evaluation capacity building; and (4) data visualization, synthesis, evaluation, program and policy analysis. We are recruiting for experts with demonstrated professional experience conducting evaluations and/or analyses in East Africa, including Kenya, Somalia, Burundi, DR Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. Evaluation experts should have strong understanding and experience with quantitative and/or qualitative methods, research design, data quality control, analytics and reporting. Assessment consultants should have demonstrated experience in any number of subject-matter technical areas of relevance in the region (e.g. public health, economic growth, democracy and governance, agriculture, pastoralism, food security, education, environment and gender). Assessment experts should have experience conducting discreet research, designing, monitoring and/or evaluating donor-funded development programming. Consultant applications will be assessed and added to LINC’s EAA roster on an ongoing basis.
Successful candidates should be able demonstrate rich expertise in one or more of the following skill areas relevant to donor-funded development programming in one or more countries in East Africa:
- Advanced research methods, including a range of evaluation, assessment, program design and monitoring methodologies;
- Program evaluation utilizing qualitative and/or qualitative techniques, potentially including experimental, quasi-experimental, performance evaluation, whole-of-project evaluation, and Developmental Evaluation (DE);
- Field data collection, including conducting of focus groups, key informant interviews, and surveys;
- Data quality control, including data quality assessment and oversight;
- Advanced data analytics, including descriptive statistics, systems analysis, and data visualization;
- Assessment and evaluation writing and reporting, demonstrating a track record of authorship of high-quality reporting documentation;
- Technical expertise in a range of development issues relevant to the East African context, potentially including public health, economic growth, democracy and governance, agriculture, pastoralism, food security, education, environment and gender;
- Understanding and expertise in development policy and programming, including key governmental, bi-lateral, and multi-lateral policy and funding priorities.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates should have a Masters degree at least 7 years of experience for mid-level consultancies and 10 years of experience for senior-level consultancies. We anticipate that most successful candidates will have experience working on donor-funded programming in East Africa and fluency in English. The ability to speak Swahili and/or other local languages is a plus.
Send resume/CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.