Position: Evaluation Expert
Position Status: Full-Time
Apply by: October 22, 2021
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking an Evaluation Expert for the USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform in Ghana. This Platform will provide USAID/Ghana with expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services for USAID/Ghana offering high quality, demand-driven monitoring and evaluation technical assistance and analytical services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and local country stakeholders that advance U.S. foreign policy goals and USAID’s strategic objectives in Ghana.
The Evaluation Expert will oversee evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including reporting and, in collaboration with the Chief of Party, ensuring that results are disseminated and used.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**Citizens of Ghana are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Oversee evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Responsible for the design, quality, and final deliverables of all evaluation reports and any evaluations, assessments, surveys, and studies, including testing of development hypotheses, where feasible.
- Responsible for design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Work with the Chief of Party to share evaluation information and support its uptake and use through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation.
- Draft technical scopes of work for and supervise the performance of consultants and subcontractors.
- Coordinate and provide evaluation technical assistance to USAID, implementing partners, and Ghanaian partner organizations.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, agriculture, statistics, or business administration.
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation methodologies (i.e., both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing, and analysis).
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation and USAID’s collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) approach, including using MEL activities to inform project implementation.
- Understanding of international development, including health, education, governance, and energy.
- Prior experience working in Ghana required, with a strong understanding of Ghana’s context and culture.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Please send a resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by October 22, 2021, with the subject line “Ghana MEL Evaluation Expert.” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.