Position: Evaluation Team Lead
Location: Remote, Travel to Latin America
Position Status: Short-term Consultant
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, and international donors among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Short-term Technical Consultant to take on the role of Team Lead for the Mid-term Evaluation of a donor-funded international agricultural trade project in South America. The project being evaluated is supporting the national government and private sector, primarily through a national trade facilitation committee, to improve import/export processes and meet the obligations of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement.
The Team Lead will work with LINC’s in-country partner, a national think tank, to complete the Mid-term evaluation of the project’s performance. The Team Lead will focus primarily on ensuring exceptional technical delivery, liaising with the client, supporting the in-country team to complete data collection and analysis, and lead authoring the evaluation report. The completed baseline study provides both a starting point for comparison to measure change at mid-term and an initial methodology for data collection and analysis. There is an opportunity to adapt the methodology if necessary, and if feasible to maintain the ability to compare time periods.
- Review existing documentation including project reports, baseline study, and other background information to become familiar with the project, its goals, and the current context.
- Work with the team to review and adapt the evaluation approach as appropriate.
- Support the team to finalize design / adaptation of data collection instruments and evaluation timeline for client approval.
- Participate in and/or support in-country data collection (including travel, if possible based on any pandemic related travel restrictions or local advice). Data collection is expected to include key informant interviews, surveys, extracts from relevant government data bases, and other methods.
- Provide expertise and collaborate with LINC’s in-country partner to conduct analysis and identify evaluation findings and recommendations.
- Coordinate and maintain regular communications with the client and the in-country project team.
- Lead author the evaluation report for client approval. Participate in related presentations or discussions on the report and/or its findings.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree or a PhD in economics, agriculture, international trade, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated relevant experience including research, evaluation, and/or implementation of international agricultural trade activities.
- Prior experience working in South America required.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Experience designing and leading evaluations and assessments.
- Demonstrated experience with USDA, WTO, or other international agricultural trade organizations.
- Proven communications and team leadership skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish required.
Send a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “Mid-term Evaluation Team Lead”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.