Position: Finance and Administration Director
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Status: Full Time
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Mexico, LINC is implementing the USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Adaptation (MESA) Activity (2022-2027), which is designed to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) systems and capacity of the USAID/Mexico Mission and its implementing partners through assistance with designing and carrying out monitoring; evaluations, assessments, and studies; and collaboration and capacity building for the USAID/Mexico mission and its implementing partners.
Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the Finance and Administration Director will ensure that project operations are efficient and effective, and that MESA staff are safe and supported throughout their work. This will include overseeing local procurement, travel, security management, budgeting and financial reporting, human resources, and office operations. The Finance and Administration Director will oversee budget planning and monitoring, maintain timely and accurate financial information, and provide financial reporting – in consultation with the COP – to LINC/HQ and USAID. The Finance and Admin Director will ensure financial integrity in all aspects of the program and manage all financial and accounting aspects of the activity.
**This position is open to Mexican nationals only**
- In coordination with the COP, manage all accounting transactions for the project, including accounting and reporting, review payroll against timesheets, cash management, and budget management.
- Ensure that all accounting and financial transactions are processed properly and in adherence with USAID regulations and LINC procedures.
- Organize and maintain accounting records of original and electronic documents.
- Monitor office expenditures against related budget allocations on monthly bases.
- Develop monthly cash advance requests.
- Manage all statutory payments.
- Manage VAT exemption certificate acquisition through USAID for vendors/service providers.
- Oversee local procurement, travel, security management, human resources, and office operations.
- Other financial and administrative tasks as required and assigned by the COP.
- Ensure program compliance with Tax filing requirements in Mexico.
- Oversee the Finance and Admin Assistant.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly responsible work experience supporting financial management, operations, travel, and security, preferably for donor programs.
- Experience managing finances for a USAID program strongly preferred.
- Experience working in Mexico is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Sound business ethics, including protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com by September 26, 2022, with the subject line “Finance and Admin Director”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC is an equal-opportunity employer.