Position: Finance Manager
Location: Accra, Ghana
Status: Full Time
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, including USAID. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
In Ghana, LINC is implementing the four-year USAID/Ghana Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform activity, which is designed to provide expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and Ghanaian stakeholders to improve USAID/Ghana’s ability to engage in evidence-based program design and increase its ability to measure, analyze, and communicate the impact of USAID programming in Ghana.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Finance Manager will support budget planning and monitoring, maintain timely and accurate financial information, and provide financial reporting – in consultation with the Operations Director – to LINC/HQ and USAID. The Finance Manager will ensure financial integrity in all aspects of the program and manage all financial and accounting aspects of the activity.
The position is open to Ghanaian nationals only. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ensure that the program meets all USAID contractual, financial, and accounting requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Provide financial oversight, including maintenance and monitoring of program budget.
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain accounting system.
- Process check and/or wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process all payment requests for approval by the Operations Director before final payment in accordance with LINC’s accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Manage payroll administration by ensuring the prompt payment of salaries and all statutory payments, i.e., Tier 1, 2 and PAYE.
- Manage monthly bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate monthly and/or quarterly cash projection for implementation of all activities.
- Ensure that monthly cash requests are prepared and submitted on time to avoid delays in funds transfers.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting, and review of program expenses.
- Track funds transfers between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial program activities, and maintaining current program expense data.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports on financial status of program expenses and budget information.
- Prepare monthly field expense reports, and report monthly expenses in consultation with Operations Director, to HQ.
- Provide Operations Director with program’s current financial status on weekly basis.
- Provide financial management and systems training for program staff.
- Travel to Tamale office periodically and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes.
- Manage VAT exemption certificate acquisition through USAID for vendors/service providers
- Ensure program compliance with Tax filing requirements in Ghana.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing finances for a USAID program of similar size, finances, and budgeting and in-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations particularly as related to finance for contracts.
- Fluent in English language with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound business ethics, including protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Please send cover letter and resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by June 20, 2022 with the subject line “Finance Manager.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.