Position: Finance Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: Grade 6 / $65,000 – $85,000 annually, plus benefits
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
The Finance Manager supports LINC’s finance, budgeting, costing / pricing, and procurement functions across LINC’s portfolio of USAID and other donor-funded portfolio of worldwide contracts. Corporate and project responsibilities include drafting and routine updating of project budgets and expenditures, procurement of goods and services, invoices and payments. The position will supporting financial reporting and corporate accounting and policy development. . The position will provide support to business development, specifically in costing / pricing for proposals, and drafting of proposal budgets and notes.
The successful candidate should have background and experience in corporate and project budgeting, new business pricing and proposals, US government / USAID contracts, and basic financial management skills. Reporting to the CFO and gaining exposure across program management and business development functions, the position offers strong opportunities for growth.
The Finance Manager should be able to travel as needed (approximately 10-20%), contingent upon in-country health conditions and travel restrictions.
- Drafting, finalizing and routine updating of project and corporate budget.
- Lead procurement of goods and services and maintain / oversee contractual agreements, including vendors, consultants and service providers.
- Reviewing of invoices, initiating workflow approval and payment processes.
- Provide support to the production of basic periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial reporting documentation.
- Support the CFO in the elaboration and ongoing updating of financial management and administrative policies and procedures.
- Support business development efforts through review of solicitations, costing / pricing, and drafting of proposal budgets and accompanying cost narratives.
- Provide support to financial management processes / workflow as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will support, and potentially lead, activity teams as delegated by the CFO. The Finance Manager will report to the CFO.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small, growing business that encourages proactive, flexible, and team-oriented staff to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented international development professional with excellent organizational and communications skills, proven competence in supporting USAID programs and proposals, and a passion for improving the effectiveness of social change efforts around the world. They must be flexible enough to undertake a number of finance and administrative functions simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic environment. Specific qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field.
- 4-8 years of professional experience supporting corporate and US government contracts and financial management, ideally USAID / international development contracts.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial, administrative, and compliance requirements of donor-funded projects.
- Experience in financial reporting..
- 4-8 years of professional experience in procurement, including invoicing and payments and related approval and workflow functions.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated communication and coordination skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in low resource countries.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Arabic.
- Advanced degree.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Manager”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC is an equal opportunity employer.