Position: Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: September 5, 2022
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the USAID Resilience Platform (2022-2027), which is designed to facilitate collaboration and coordination among USAID’s highlands resilience partners, support the adoption of adaptive management processes and solutions informed by learning, evidence, and research, and foster innovation within USAID’s highlands programming to drive early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party – Program, the Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist will provide support, mentoring, and expert advice to the Platform team and USAID implementing partners to ensure that gender and youth inclusion issues are appropriately incorporated into activity design and implementation and that necessary data is tracked, monitored, and reported. They will design and lead trainings to build gender capacity and awareness of social inclusion approaches and issues. They will also provide GYSI support to Ethiopian organizations in line with LINC’s commitment to reinforcing well-functioning, sustainable local systems.
The position is open to Ethiopian nationals only. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical support, mentoring, and expert advice to other members of the Platform team, USAID/Ethiopia, implementing partners, and Ethiopian stakeholders to ensure that gender, youth, and inclusion issues are appropriately incorporated into activity design and implementation.
- Ensure that necessary data related to gender, youth, and social inclusion is tracked, monitored and reported.
- Integrate gender and inclusion lenses into research design, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure gender and inclusion considerations are integrated into learning agendas and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) approaches.
- Design and lead trainings to build gender capacity and awareness, and strengthen stakeholder competencies in gender and inclusion issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of six years’ experience supporting gender and inclusion issues, ideally on USAID-funded projects.
- Familiarity with USAID’s Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Policy and Evaluation Policy preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience training/facilitating large groups.
- Excellent planning, management, and ability to work in teams.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2022, with the subject line “Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.