Position: GIS and Technology Specialist
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Position Status: Full-time
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, like USAID. Our country experience spans Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Geographic Information System (GIS) and Technology Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (MELCLA) Activity in Honduras. This Activity will provide USAID/Honduras with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management support services. The Activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all stages of the Program Cycle, supporting USAID’s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness. Additionally, this Activity will strengthen USAID/Honduras staff and implementing partner’s systematic application of CLA approaches.
The GIS and Technology Specialist will use GIS technologies to support USAID’s efforts to incorporate geographic data and analysis into USAID planning, design, and monitoring and evaluation. Specifically, the Specialist will produce GIS and related products to support MELCLA and USAID’s work. The Specialist will also help keep USAID’s platform licenses active, provide dedicated technical support, such as data update, analysis, map generation, and training for selected USAID staff to use GIS tools or interpretation. Finally, the Specialist will support MELCLA’s evaluation work by suggesting and supporting the use of appropriate monitoring and evaluation technologies.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
Honduran nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Maintain USAID’s current GIS database, pulling GIS data from diverse sources.
- Train new Implementing Partner and select Mission staff, including the GIS point-of-contact, in data collection and create and share specific maps upon request.
- Liaise with the Mission’s GIS point-of-contact to decide on the most appropriate data to collect and meet the Mission’s GIS needs.
- Contribute to MELCLA’s diverse monitoring and evaluation work by suggesting and supporting the use of relevant data collection technologies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience with the planning and use of GIS technologies to support field-based work, such as ArcGIS.
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering training and capacity-building on GIS and technology topics.
- Familiarity with USAID or donor programming in Honduras strongly preferred.
- Excellent planning, management, and communication skills, ability to work in teams.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Honduras GIS and Technology Specialist” by September 1, 2021. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.