Position: Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist
Location: Accra, Ghana
Status: Full Time
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, including USAID. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
In Ghana, LINC is implementing the four-year USAID/Ghana Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform activity, which is designed to provide expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and Ghanaian stakeholders to improve USAID/Ghana’s ability to engage in evidence-based program design and increase its ability to measure, analyze, and communicate the impact of USAID programming in Ghana.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist will provide support, mentoring, and expert advice to the Platform team and USAID implementing partners to ensure that gender and youth inclusion issues are appropriately incorporated into activity design and implementation and that necessary data is tracked, monitored, and reported. They will design and lead trainings to build gender capacity and awareness of social inclusion approaches and issues. They will also provide GYSI support to Ghanaian organizations including research and civil society organizations, government of Ghana institutions, and the private sector.
The position is open to Ghanaian nationals only. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to other members of the MEL Platform team, USAID/Ghana, implementing partners, and Ghanaian stakeholders to ensure that gender, youth, and inclusion issues are appropriately incorporated into activity design and implementation.
- Integrate gender and inclusion lenses into evaluation design, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure gender and inclusion considerations are integrated into learning agendas and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) approaches.
- Design and lead trainings to build stakeholder competencies in gender and inclusion issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience supporting gender and inclusion issues, ideally on USAID-funded projects.
- Familiarity with USAID’s Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Policy and Evaluation Policy preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience training / facilitating large groups.
- Excellent planning, management, and ability to work in teams.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Prior experience working in Ghana required.
Please send resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by June 20, 2022 with the subject line “GYSI Specialist.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.