Position: Human Resources and Administration Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: Grade 8-9 / $40,000 – $60,000 annually, plus benefits
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
The Human Resources and Administration Associate will support LINC’s growing Corporate Services team. The role will be responsible for various administrative duties in support of the full employee lifecycle and corporate services operations. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills and will be able to maintain complete confidentiality for sensitive issues and information. This position also requires initiative, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Provide routine administrative and logistical support for daily operations and project management across HR and corporate services functions, including
- Maintaining employee personnel records.
- Coordinating on-boarding, off-boarding.
- Coordinating meetings or employee training sessions.
- Supporting on-site facilities administration at LINC’s Washington, DC office.
- Note-taking for senior staff and team meetings.
- Provide talent acquisition and recruiting support, including
- Manage Jobs Application mailbox and scheduling interviews.
- Facilitating required clearances, references, and background checks.
- Drafting offer letters for management review.
- Collecting new hire information and facilitating connection to LINC’s systems.
- Coordinating on-boarding sessions.
- Provide coordination for knowledge management activities, including the
- Design of basic tools and systems for information tracking (e.g., consultant invoicing tracking, conflict of interest disclosure tracking, tracking annual compliance trainings, tracking travel of senior management, etc.)
- Creating templates for consistency and compliance (e.g., keeping existing forms up to date, drafting or reviewing new forms for record keeping.)
- Assist with editing and coordination of business development materials (e.g., formatting resumes, tracking due dates, receiving and sending proposal materials on behalf of others).
- Provide moderate procurement and financial management support, including
- Manage procurements for DC-office supplies.
- Assist with country office procurements, when necessary.
- Compile expense documentation (e.g., supporting documentation for procurements, accounts payable, and accounts receivable).
- Procurement and payment of consultants and vendors, including maintaining procurement documentation in line with LINC’s procurement procedures, and ensuring invoices are submitted promptly.
- Assisting with reconciliations, including payroll support, company credit card.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibilities
The HR and Admin Associate will report to the CFO.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small, growing business that encourages proactive, flexible, and team-oriented staff to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented professional with strong organizational and communications skills, and a passion for improving the effectiveness of social change efforts around the world. They must be flexible enough to undertake a number of HR and administrative functions simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic environment. Specific qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar position, preferably with an organization receiving US Government funding.
- Basic knowledge of HRIS-based software and SharePoint preferred.
- Proficient Excel skills and Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated communication and coordination skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and grow with LINC.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in low-resource countries.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Arabic.
Please send your resume/CV to email@example.com with the subject line “HR and Admin Associate”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC is an equal-opportunity employer.