Position: Intern (Programs and Business Development)
Location: Washington, DC (preferred, with possibility of remote)
Position Status: Intern
Hourly Salary: $17.50
Apply by: February 29, 2024
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business committed to supporting local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking to engage up to three interns to support ongoing work in LINC’s Programs Department and Business Development Department. The internships will include a nine (9) work week assignment, from June to August 2024.
These internships will be an excellent opportunity for current undergraduate or graduate students interested in a career in international development to get first-hand exposure to the work that LINC performs. The selected interns will support LINC’s ongoing international programs, business development activities, and/or corporate operations, in collaboration with LINC’s headquarters and overseas teams.
Applicants must be currently based in and have the existing right to live and work in the USA to be eligible to apply for these positions.
- Support the development and maintenance of project plans, trackers, and implementation tools.
- Provide support with project monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Work closely with the Project Managers or Project Associates to support project communications, information flow, and the preparation of progress reports.
- Support the team in organizing and planning stakeholder meetings.
- Provide administrative support and team support in the coordination of logistics for meetings and events.
Business Development Department
- Assist the team in identifying funding opportunities through research and analysis.
- Collate information for proposal development, donor information requests, coordinating inputs from relevant programs and operations staff.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and budget narrative.
- Support the filing and organization of business development documents.
Skills and Qualifications
These internships are open to currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students at accredited universities. Desired skills and qualifications include:
- Interest in the International Development field.
- Experience in an administrative or coordinator role in a project management capacity.
- Experience engaging people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of Spanish, French, Arabic, or other languages.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office.
- Experience living, working, or volunteering outside the US.
What We Offer
- The salary on offer for this role is $17.50/hour. No other benefits will be applicable.
- Five working hours per day from Monday to Friday.
- We provide a flexible working environment that includes a combination of home and office working opportunities. This encourages our staff to have a healthy work-life balance, and increases staff motivation, enriches employee well-being, and improves performance and productivity.
- LINC will provide a work appreciation certificate at the end of the internship period.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Intern”. Please include a cover letter, briefly expressing your interest in the position and specifying which team you are most interested in supporting (Programs or Business Development). All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.