Position: IT and GIS Specialist
Location: Accra, Ghana
Status: Full Time
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, including USAID. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
In Ghana, LINC is implementing the four-year USAID/Ghana Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform activity, which is designed to provide expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and Ghanaian stakeholders to improve USAID/Ghana’s ability to engage in evidence-based program design and increase its ability to measure, analyze, and communicate the impact of USAID programming in Ghana.
The IT and GIS and Specialist will provide expert support on key technology-related tasks of the Platform, including contributing to the development of and maintaining an online electronic workflow system and the Platform’s knowledge management database. The Specialist will also provide technical assistance to USAID/Ghana staff and implementing partners on the use of GIS technologies to support USAID’s efforts to incorporate geographic data and analysis into USAID planning, design, and monitoring and evaluation, including producing GIS and related products to support the MEL Platform’s and USAID’s work. The Specialist will also develop and deliver training and capacity strengthening for USAID staff and implementing partners to use GIS tools or interpretation. Finally, the Specialist will also support IT solutions to facilitate regular communication with stakeholders.
The position is open to Ghanaian nationals only. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Contribute to the design of the online electronic workflow system and knowledge management database
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the electronic workflow system and knowledge management database
- Train implementing partner and Mission staff in GIS data collection and analysis.
- Liaise with the Mission’s GIS point-of-contact to decide on the most appropriate data to collect and meet the Mission’s GIS needs.
- Produce maps and other related products upon request.
- Advise and support evaluation teams in using technology and digital tools to enable efficient and effective collection of data.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of six to eight years’ experience with the planning and use of GIS technologies to support field-based work, such as ArcGIS.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience with software development approaches.
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering training and capacity-building on GIS and technology topics.
- Familiarity with USAID or donor programming in Ghana strongly preferred.
- Excellent planning, management, and communication skills, ability to work in teams.
Please send resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by June 20, 2022 with the subject line “IT and GIS Specialist.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.