Position: IT Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: September 5, 2022
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the USAID Resilience Platform (2022-2027), which is designed to facilitate collaboration and coordination among USAID’s highlands resilience partners, support the adoption of adaptive management processes and solutions informed by learning, evidence, and research, and foster innovation within USAID’s highlands programming to drive early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
Reporting to the Security and Logistics Manager, the IT Officer will provide dedicated support to Platform staff, and ensure secure and efficient IT practices and protocols are applied throughout the program office. In addition, the IT Officer will support web-based components of communications and knowledge management support provided to program stakeholders.
The position is open to Ethiopian nationals only. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide dedicated IT support to program staff on an as-needed basis.
- Provide expert advice on all matters related to IT systems and infrastructure.
- Enforce secure and efficient IT practices and protocols throughout the program office.
- Provide troubleshooting support as required by program staff and leadership, and as required in the course of activity implementation.
- Provide training and capacity-building support to program staff and implementing partners as needed to ensure effective and efficient use of IT throughout the program.
- Ensure proper maintenance and repair of IT program, equipment, and systems.
- Support web-based components of communications, knowledge management, and other program activities.
- Advise and support research teams in using technology and digital tools to enable efficient and effective collection of data.
- Other IT-related tasks as required and assigned by the Security and Logistics Manager and/or the DCOP-Admin.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience supporting IT for a USAID or other donor-funded program preferred.
- Experience with network administration, web-based communications, database management, and IT infrastructure maintenance.
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with training and/or capacity building is a plus.
Please send your resume/CV to email@example.com by September 5, 2022, with the subject line “IT Officer.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.