Position: Mid-term Performance Evaluation Data Analyst
Location: Mexico or remote, with possible travel to Honduras and/or El Salvador
Position Status: Short-term Consultant
Apply by: January 21, 2024
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business committed to supporting local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Mexico, LINC is implementing the USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Adaptation (MESA) Activity (2022-2027), which is designed to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) systems and capacity of the USAID/Mexico Mission and its implementing partners through assistance with designing and carrying out monitoring; evaluations, assessments, and studies; and collaboration and capacity building for the USAID/Mexico mission and its implementing partners.
LINC is seeking a consultant to take on the role of Data Analyst for the performance evaluation of a donor funded regional program seeking to address the root causes of irregular migration in northern Central America. The program to be evaluated is a collaboration between two international donors seeking to understand if their agricultural and workforce development efforts are more effective in combination than separately. The two donors also expect to learn from one another through their collaboration. The evaluation will investigate both the collaboration itself and the results of their work.
The Data Analyst will work with the Team Lead, LINC and MESA staff, and other evaluation team members providing field research and subject matter expertise. The Data Analyst will focus primarily on the design and management of data systems and databases, and will support the systematization and analysis of data to respond to the evaluation questions. The Data Analyst will also participate in team workshops to identify and refine findings, conclusions, and recommendations, and will support the preparation and use of data in the evaluation report.
This is a short-term consultancy position contingent upon donor approval of the position and candidates.
- Design and maintain data systems and databases.
- Organize and analyze data from primary and secondary sources to respond to evaluation questions in coordination with the evaluation team.
- Work closely with Evaluation Team Lead and other team members to maintain the utilization-focused approach of the evaluation.
- Support the use of data in the evaluation report and related presentations.
- Serve as gatekeeper for data standards, data ethics, data security.
- Support the team to prepare anonymized data for sharing with the USAID Development Data Library.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated relevant data management and analysis experience, preferably including experience with one or more of the key technical themes: agriculture, workforce development, youth, migration, and/or trilateral cooperation.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods.
- Experience working in Mexico and Central America.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish required, knowledge of English also desired.
Please send your resume/CV and daily rate to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mid-Term Performance Evaluation Data Analyst”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.